- Thinking "I failed" is a copout! It lets you off the hook. Game over, dude. I am not about to let you off so easily. Reframe your setbacks as signals for change and the opportunity to improve. This method of thinking requires a lot more energy than "I blew it." Instead, explode your limiting mindset. What would happen if you replaced the concept of failure with that of opportunity? (Networking for People Who Hate Networking)
- Resentment is one burden that is incompatible with your success. Always be the first to forgive; and forgive yourself first always.
- The world knows little about its greatest heroes.
- Worry is a misuse of the imagination.
Zafon, Carlos Ruiz
- I was raised among books, making invisible friends in pages that seemed cast from dust and whose smell I carry on my hands to this day. (The Shadow of the Wind)
Zaharias, Babe Didrikson
- All my life I've always had the urge to do things better than anybody else.
- People don't always have a choice in what they're going to do today. They don't always have a choice in where they're going to go today. But I believe all human beings have a choice as to who they're going to be today. (Moved by Faith)
- Every dogma has its day, but ideals are eternal. (Address, Nov. 13, 1892)
- When I see you through my eyes, I think that we are different. When I see you through my heart, I know we are the same.
- It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice. There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia.
Zarlenga, Peter Nivio
- Action conquers fear.
- No authority is higher than reality.
- To come to be you must have a vision of Being, a Dream, a Purpose, a Principle. You will become what your vision is.
- The antagonism between science and religion is real only to those who take a narrow view of both, the perfect battle for bigots from both camps.
- The avaricious man is like the barren sandy ground of the desert which sucks in all the rain and dew with greediness, but yields no fruitful herbs or plants for the benefit of others.
- The best way to make your spouse and children feel secure is not with big deposits in bank accounts, but with little deposits of thoughtfulness and affection in the "love account." (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want now. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- Discipline yourself to do the things you need to do when you need to do them, and the day will come when you will be able to do the things you want to do when you want to do them! (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- Don't be distracted by criticism. Remember--the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- Duty makes us do things well, but love makes us do them beautifully. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- Failure is an event, not a person. Yesterday ended last night. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty.
- A goal properly set is halfway reached.
- Hardening of the attitudes is the most deadly disease on the face of the earth.
- If standard of living is our major objective, quality of life almost never improves, but if quality of life is your number one objective, your standard of living almost always improves. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.
- If you want to reach a goal, you must "see the reaching" in your own mind before you actually arrive at your goal.
- Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but donít hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead, surround yourself with optimistic people.
- Money will buy you a bed, but not a good night's sleep, a house but not a home, a companion but not a friend. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- The most practical, beautiful, workable philosophy in the world won't work--if you won't. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- Motivation gets you going and habit get you there. Make motivation a habit and you will get thee more quickly and have more fun on the trip. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- Motivation is the fuel necessary to keep the human engine running. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- Obviously, there is little you can learn from doing nothing. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- Of all the "attitudes" we can acquire, surely the attitude of gratitude is the most important and by far the most life-changing. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- Of course motivation is not permanent. But then, neither is bathing; but it is something you should do on a regular basis. (Raising Positive Kids in a Negative World)
- Other people and things can stop you temporarily. You're the only one who can do it permanently. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- Our children are our only hope for the future, but we are their only hope for their present and their future. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- People who build hope into their own lives and who share hope with others become powerful people. (Jim Rohn's Weekly E-zine- January 13, 2004)
- Positive thinking won't let you do anything but it will let you do everything better than negative thinking will. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- Remember there is plenty of room at the top--but not enough to sit down. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- Some people find fault like there is a reward for it. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- Success is dependent upon the glands--sweat glands.
- Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have.
- What you get by achieving your goals is to as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
- When we clearly understand that there is no superior sex or superior race, we will have opened the door of communication and laid the foundation for building winning relationships with all people in this global world of ours. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- When you choose to be pleasant and positive in the way you treat others, you have also chosen, in most cases, how you are going to be treated by them. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- With integrity you have nothing to fear, since you have nothing to hide. With integrity you will do the right thing, so you will have no guilt. With fear and guilt removed you are free to be and do your best. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- The word motivation is often confused with manipulation. Motivation occurs when you persuade others to take an action in their own best interests. Manipulation is persuading others to take an action that is primarily for your benefit.
- You are the only one who can use your ability. It is an awesome responsibility. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- You can get everything money will buy without a lick of character, but you can't get any of the things money won't buy--happiness, joy, peace of mind, winning relationships, etc. without character. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- You cannot tailor make the situations in life, but you can tailor make the attitudes to fit those situations before they arise. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- You will make a lousy anybody else, but you will be the best "you" in existence. (Zig Ziglar's Little Book of Big Quotes)
- This Advent we look to the Wise Men to teach us where to focus our attention. We set our sights on things above, where God is. We draw closer to Jesus... When our Advent journey ends, and we reach the place where Jesus resides in Bethlehem, may we, like the Wise Men, fall on our knees and adore him as our true and only King. (Our Advent Journey)
- Who is wise? He who learns from all men. From all my teachers have I gotten understanding.
- Always meet petulance with gentleness and perverseness with kindness. A gentle hand can lead even en elephant by a hair. Reply to thine enemy with gentleness.
- If you wish the world to become loving and compassionate, become loving and compassionate yourself. If you wish to diminish fear in the world, diminish your own. These are the gifts that you can give.
- Love is the energy of the soul. Love is what heals the personality. There is nothing that cannot be healed by love. There is nothing but love.